Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Network update issues (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Network update issues
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA Birthdate: 1975-05-28
Network update issues 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4  
For some reason, performing a network update hasn't fully worked for a little while... The user records or +/- ratings aren't getting updated any more, and it appears that user contributed puzzles aren't being added to the list of puzzles available to download

Anyone with any knowledge (Nowpro/D3 employees, etc.), feel free to chime in and/or give an ETA of when we might expect this feature to work again...

I am not as concerned with the records not updating, but not being able to create or download new user puzzles sucks!!!

EDIT 8/18/2008: this appears to be fixed, updates are now including new records and new user puzzles, hopefully it stays this way...

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/08/18 22:49 By bcjohans.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Coimbra - Portugal Birthdate: 1991-01-16
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1  
Today I can't do anything in the network. Does any one have the same problem ?

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11  
Everything cool with me. Just received the new weekly test and all.

Maybe it's a temporary thing? (dns can do that, for example)
Try pinging psp2.nowpro.co.jp just to see if it resolves to an ip address like this currently: 210.249.29.154 (beware it's not responding to ping requests)
That's the address I caught with a tcpdump that the game connects to in order to do the updates on port 80 (http).
If all this sounds greek to you (in a compatible expression, in the portuguese language, we say "chinese" you can just check this URL from the same wireless connection you connect your psp on (or even the psp's own browser, but you have to leave the game):
psp2.nowpro.co.jp/
It should give you a blank page saying this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

That's actually ok, since this is not a full blown webserver.

Hope this helps anyone having the same doubts.

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Coimbra - Portugal Birthdate: 1991-01-16
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1  
Problem here in the hotel. My psp's mac address was not registered in their central, and it wasn't connecting. I didn't see it before, because it was connecting to the router, and just in the end showed the error. Everything's fine, posted my test result in the net, new weekly test, everything's fine

Logged Logged  
Improperfection (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
I'm encountering a different sort of problem when I update the network. I've noticed most of my downloaded user puzzles disappear when I update :/

So each time I download some new puzzles most of the old ones are erased. The most annoying part is I cannot tell if I have downloaded a puzzle before or not since they disappear from the list.

Any ideas what the reason for this is?

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11  
Hi there Improperfection! (is that your username on PQ2?)

The only reason I can think of is the puzzles you had must have expired (you should check all that has been written on this forum about puzzles expiring).
I notice this sometimes when updating; my user puzzle list goes for example from 19 pages to 18 because some of them expired (and page 19 had few, of course)

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
Improperfection (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I have downloaded about 400-500 user maps in total but right now I have 73 maps in the folder. That can't be normal, can it?

Improperfection is the name I intend to use. Up until now I've been playing with a random a0000 acount, but since I've started to make some maps I decided to create a recognizable account.

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 11  
That isn't normal, then.
I would think that the puzzle expiration rate is the same as the new puzzles incoming... I've seen people refer numbers of up to 200 each week.

Logged Logged  

bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4  
That would be my guess too. I lose a number of puzzles most times I "network update". I've never actually counted how many, but it happens.

Several months ago, there used to be puzzles that would remain active with negative votes, or at least ones with mainly positive votes and a small amount of negative votes.

But in the last couple months or so, any puzzle that receives a negative vote seems to no longer be available within a couple days or so. I'm not sure why, but that's just the way it's been working recently.

Logged Logged  
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4  
Sorry, got sidetracked before posting the last message, and two more got posted by the time I submitted it...

In any event, 400-500 down to 73 seems very odd. What sort of timeframe? When you download them, do you do the autodownload or manually select which ones or some other method? Do you happen to know any of the puzzle ID's/names/creators that you've lost? I can check and see if I have any of those still or not...

Logged Logged  
Improperfection (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
I haven't really kept track of what maps I lost. But I do know that I downloaded the 200 most appreciated puzzles about 2 months ago and most of them are gone now, which seems weird since not that many of them can have gotten negative votes (unless some1 is trying to fuck up the ranking).

Other than that its mostly new puzzles that probably have a greater ratio of negative votes. But the amounts of puzzles disapperaing for me seems to be to great to be explained by natural expiring.

Logged Logged  
Plastic (Admin)
graphgraph
ICQ#: N/A Gender: Male Phreetyhm@gmail.com plz_spam@yahoo.com plz_spam@hotmail.com N/A Location: CWU, Washington State, USA. Birthdate: 1979-08-28
Re:Network update issues 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2  
bcjohans wrote:

Several months ago, there used to be puzzles that would remain active with negative votes, or at least ones with mainly positive votes and a small amount of negative votes.

In regards to that time frame.

I received this reply E-mail from Shuta@Nowpro
Shuta Kato

show details Aug 17

Hello Plastic,

We apologize for the delay in replay due to our summer vocation.

Regarding the "User Puzzles", this is a temporarily problem and we are
trying to figure out what's wrong with it.
It should be fixed as soon as we find out what's causing this problem,
perhaps by the end of this week, or by the end of next week at the latest.

We are glad to see that you and Bcjohans get wonderful score in Weekly
Ranking.
I bet you guys could beat me with this game very easily by now!

Thank you for contacting us.
User Support Staff Team

I think that may be why neg voted puzzles where not removed in the usual fashion.

Logged Logged  

Go to top
Copyright © 2020 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.