Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Wireless Connectivity (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Wireless Connectivity
Jay-D (User)
\"It\'s just funny to me.\"
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Wireless Connectivity 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
Where does everyone get their wireless internet from? I just got back to the United States (home) and my PSP does not connect to the wireless provider here. If anyone could suggest a good website with some helpful info that would work.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Wireless Connectivity 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11  
Hey Jay-D I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Wireless is everything without wires (is that true? ) but it can be wifi (802.11a/b/g/n usually through an Access Point) or through gsm/gprs/edge (cell-phone like).

PSP-wise, I get my connection of a wireless router connected since last week to a fibre channel home client ISP link (I'm one of the first in my town!!! 50 mbps downstream and 5 mbps upstream!! and they even have a 100/10 package but at 65 euros/m - mine is only 50 euros/month ~ 70 American dollars - for Internet, 75 TV channels and phone - triple play, as they call it).

I guess that should be the way to go, maybe you mean linking your PSP directly to an ISP, but I'm guessing most of us do it this way, whichever our broadband (or not) connection might be.

I also have a "pure" wireless broadband connection, to take with me "on the go" but it's through a usb dongle (huawei E320 from vodafone) so I can only plug it to a usb enabled device, like a laptop (and it can then be shared wirelessly ad-hoc mode, of course, as if it was a router - easy on linux, don't know how to do it on windows or mac)

When I was in London, back in October, there where many AP (Access Points) with no encryption - it is in fact known for it:
mobile.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/10...1526229&from=rss

I'm also a FON user (www.fon.com for more info) so wherever there's a FON router I have wifi public internet access, too.

"We are a community of 1039828 Foneros" says on the site, right now.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/12/19 03:25 By daniel.

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
Jay-D (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Wireless Connectivity 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
I'm at this building a few more days but there's an ISP called 'cZee' which works just fine with a laptop but I just get an error message on my PSP "unable to connect" and some long number after that.

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Wireless Connectivity 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11  
Maybe it's the WPA (PSK or EAP, whatever) implementation.
There are some known problems. My Acer Aspire One also doesn't connect properly to a FON with WPA-PSK, for example. I have to use the open signal and then authenticate myself via web.

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
Jay-D (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Wireless Connectivity 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
PQ2 and I just don't get along. I was at the airport and found a T-Mobile wireless hotspot and I was able to connect just fine but every time I tried updating I would get an in-game error. I had to sign up then log on every time after the initial sign-up. But the internet would shut off every time I closed the browser because there was no "Remember Me" option like I used to have.

As for the problems I had with cZee the provider I tried connecting with, they had no security settings. That's what was confusing me. But the problem is gone now I'm back home and I should get wireless internet of my own soon.

Logged Logged  
Go to top
Copyright © 2020 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.