Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
PQ2 Score Calculator (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: PQ2 Score Calculator
Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Coimbra - Portugal Birthdate: 1991-01-16
PQ2 Score Calculator 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1  
I made this program.. Try it and tell me what you think about it.
That program has bugs for sure, if you found some, please tell me. I know some of them, I think I have fixed others, but not sure about it, but here is about 6:30am and I want to go to sleep, but I want share it first.

www.rafael-filipe.com/PQ2sc.rar

Enjoy it

(Password in your inbox, I tried to hide the text but I thing that's not working)

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/09/12 06:35 By Rafael.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 11  
I don't have MSWindows just Linux but when I can get near one I'll be sure to try it. The "reverse engineering" on the percentage, giving the possible time/moves combo strikes me the most usable part and it's where there might be some bugs/errors due to the precision/roundings involved.
* From the screenshot I can see that it's not doing it right. You're just approaching from the different number of moves but you should make sure it's the exact %.

And better than doing it in VB would be a web app (JScript or just plain php server side). That way we could even host it here on the site in a simple form and wouldn't be windows-only.
But at least that's something for starters, nice work.
Who knows if somebody does it

Extending it further, we could have a collection of the puzzle name/number in DB (that anyone could feed, for example) and just picking it would insert the goal values and you could fiddle with the rest.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/09/12 14:46 By daniel.

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1  
That's a great idea. I already had it, but for the 100 puzzle tests. It would be nice to do it in php. I will check a way to do it.

And thanks Daniel, when you try it, leave a feedback.

Just one thing, the rounding that the program does are not totality correct, but with the correct ones, you can see which are possible to do in the puzzle.

Logged Logged  
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA Birthdate: 1975-05-28
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4  
That's a great idea, Rafael. I downloaded it and tested it out... I'll play around with it and see how it works.

Daniel, couldn't you try this using wine?

I agree that we should have a jscript/php web page that does this too - Then we can have cross platform functionality as well as iPhone and potentially other mobile device support. That would be extremely handy and easy to pull up anywhere.

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Wine, but of course!, I have it (Fedora 8 here) installed and everything, let's see:

[daniel@dellinux tmp]$ wine PQ2sc.exe
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/daniel/.wine' has been updated.
err:module:import_dll Library MSVBVM60.DLL (which is needed by L"Z:\tmp\PQ2sc.exe" not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\tmp\PQ2sc.exe" failed, status c0000135

Oops...

That figures... DLL Dependency problem... and I'm also guessing that whoever in windows doesn't have the required MSVBVM60.DLL won't run it too... nevermind.
Dontcha just hate these things?? I do.

None of these problems round these here parts of us Open Source blokes, hombre.
Web web web, definitely web, not World Wide Windows! :-p

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Ok, there's now a simple score calculator online.
No pills, no frills, just a very simple Javascript 5 minute-thingie:

Click me with middle button

Enjoy.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/09/21 03:48 By daniel.

Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8  
Hey, I'm new. Can anyone send me the password?

Thanks.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
sent you private message on behalf of Rafael (don't know why the "secrecy" but I respect his choice/privacy - maybe to encourage everyone to signup/register - that'd be nice)

Logged Logged  

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8  
Daniel, thanks for the message. I like also having a "neighbour" from Porto.

Rafael, good job. I made my own program on Pascal (sorry, I don't know any other language) and I haven't thought too much about the inverse mode (given percentage and movs and time get the possible ways), but it's really a good idea. I like it.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 10 Years ago Karma: 1  
Thanks

Logged Logged  
RDNS_DC (User)
Wakey wakey hands off PSP !!!
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
Hello all together.

I am RDNS_DC and i like this forum and the way you are conversate with each other.
I read some of your posts. More these in the 100level Puzzle. I already finished it, but i give my best to improve my self.

Now to the topic.

The calculation for each level i found it quick. But untill two months i think, how dose the PIQ calculation work for the complete 100level Puzzle. Dose anyone know it? Dose the rest time of the 5 hours factored in this calculation or not?

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards

RDNS_DC

Logged Logged  

GT5:*WHO BRAKES LATER, DRIVES LONGER FAST*

With kind regards
Dragan Ciric
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11  
Hi Dragan!

Is RDNS_DC your pq2 username?

If you read more on the forum you'll realize we are all clueless as for the formulas on the time bonuses. Either in the 100 puzzle test or in the weekly test.
What we know is of course that the more time you have left the better, but not necessarily to the second. I also seem to remember that the same remaining time but with different puzzle scores gave a different time bonus, so they definitely factor the puzzle scores in the time bonus calculation.

Welcome and chip in whenever.

PS: I love the My Name Is Earl show you have on your avatar

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/11/25 19:07 By daniel.

RDNS_DC (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Hello Daniel.

Yes, RDNS_DC is my PQ2 username. On place 27 in the ranking. Good attention.

So, it is like i thought, there are some unknown factors in the calculation. But I have the suspicion that the timebonus applied to the PIQ and the score. I have to do a test series.

Thank you for answering.

PS: My name is Earl is currently the best show, but only in english. In german language it is so terrible, you can not belive.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/11/25 21:41 By RDNS_DC.

With kind regards
Dragan Ciric
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA Birthdate: 1975-05-28
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 4  
Welcome again, RDNS_DC!

As already stated, none of us know the exact formula for the bonus score unfortunately. I know for a fact that both the remaining time and the total score factor into the equation.

If you wanted to do some tests, here's a method that might save you some time while testing... If you finish a test, you can view your bonus score before it saves, then hit home, quit the game, and go right back to where you were before ending the test. By doing this, and replaying certain levels to get a better score, and/or leave more or less time remaining, it would be easier to try and figure out the formula. With enough data, I'm sure we could all figure the formula out, but it's just a pain to gather all the data!

On a side note, your comment about My name is Earl reminded me of something. I spent some time in Costa Rica in the early 90's, back when "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" was popular. I got a kick out of watching it in Spanish! I'm sorry, but no one can emulate Will Smith in Spanish, it's just not right. So I undersand where you're coming from

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
keeping the off-topic: that's why I thank god I was born in Portugal, where they put captions on every foreign movie/series and only use dubbing mainly for children's programs or documentaries.
That's what made me learn the most about the english language.
In Spain they even change the (music) band's names and most times don't even recognize thei international names, for example if you ask for "you too" (U2) they only recognize if you say "u dos".

Logged Logged  

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8  
Hey, hey, hey!!!

That affects me, mates!!

First of all, welcome to RDNS_DC. I hope you feel comfortable in this forum you'll see that you can learn a lot from other players.

And now: I AM spanish, and I agree we (may I say "they"?) change everything. Change voices, music, names... It's true that for us is easier to understand and to follow the developping of the stories.

But I can tell you for sure that NOBODY will learn in Spain the english names of the characters in the series. Or if they actually use the original name we will "spanize" it (like Dani said: we don't say "you too", we say "u dos" ).

And then, I realise when watching films in english that I don't recognise the voices of the actors. If you say "Will Smith" I'd link it to the spanish voice (by the way nothing to do with the original). Oh Bruce!, I almost forgot, and it's NOT the same SPANISH translation and SOUTHAMERICAN translation, they're highly different.

And that happens with everything: names, brands, acronyms... (did you know that in Spain the "UNO" is the "ONU", "NATO" is "OTAN" or "WHO" is "OMS"? )

Anyway, we don't really care or we don't really pay attention to those things, maybe as we are done to it.

Bruce said:

I got a kick out of watching it in Spanish!

Then Dani said:

that's why I thank god I was born in Portugal

Now my question (for Dani): don't you do the same in portuguese? I was sure it was the same in everyplace...

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/11/26 16:27 By Adri.

PQ2-CoMaster

daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph

Now my question (for Dani): don't you do the same in portuguese? I was sure it was the same in everyplace...

Noooo!

Portugal is so advanced (I mean that ironically) that we go for the cheapest solution which is just to put captions (subtitles) on everything. Thank god, oh god - thou that dost not exist (hope this archaic english is correct) - for that!

And then turists get surprised how portuguese people speak (or at least understand) english so well. We hear it on a daily basis. Many of the prime-time TV is in english (except newscasts, contests and soap operas); music on the radio is so much foreign that the government had to estabilsh minimum quotas for them to play portuguese artists (and 50% or so of them sing in english!).

Not like in Spain and many other countries at all, where they're much more attached to their native tongue. The so called "nationalism". I have mixed feelings about it.

And you want something funny? When I talk about Portugal being the cheapest... In Poland, for example, they dub the movies, but it's always the same polish guy speaking!! And he doesn't even do voices, he just goes on "explaining" what each character is saying! It's hilarious!... That must be the cheapest you can get!!

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/11/26 17:43 By daniel.

RDNS_DC (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Hello again and hanks for wellcome, Adri.

I heard it a fiew times that it is in spain normaly to change the complete show. Maybe the changed show get a totaly different character an story by doing this? Not like the writer whanted to achive with his thoughts. Perhaps if you watch it in english it will be a totaly different story. That would be nice.

And in Yugoslavia (where I primary came from) it is the same way like in portogal. But the the people do not speack better english, they are perfect in reading.

Back to the topic:
I have a plan to check the calculation. I will play the first 30 level one time with finishing directly with the complete rest time and another time with let running out the rest time until zero. I hop that will be an solution.

Logged Logged  

With kind regards
Dragan Ciric
RDNS_DC (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
Hello dear PQ2 community.

I finished my studies. Now I can say that the rest time influence the PIQ.
First I solve the first 30 puzzles in 19min39sec with an prediction of PIQ=122 and an calculated PIQ=108.
Next I finished the first 30 puzzles with the same results (%) and let runout the time (5h). I get an PIQ=106.

But how it is calculated, I do not know? I calculated with EXCEL nearly the same value, but not the same.

OFF-TOPIC:
Another theme. About three months before I signe in here, I never hear about the PQ2Fan.com. I upped some videos on Youtube. Now I have a guilty conscience about this. I deleted al these videos. Sorry about this. Now I know, if I have some information I should make a SPOILER warning. Like I allready wrote to plastic, I only whanted to show other people this great game. I had no intention to do a SPOILER. Thats all. Thanks.

Logged Logged  

With kind regards
Dragan Ciric
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Re:PQ2 Score Calculator 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11  
Hey Dragan,

We always said that the remaining time is factored, we just don't know how. I can tell you that a difference of one second can sometimes change the score or not, so there are roundings going about; from a few different scores I had in the weekly test, 1 minute was usually enough to make you increase or decrease one point (not PIQ, just the raw score).
We were never interested in the calculations of the PIQ, btw, because those are even more obscure and it's a "relative" measure, because the game adjusts your PIQ according to the rest of the "world", as it changes.

About the off-topic, I think nobody should be "against" a spoiler. The only thing you should make sure is that nobody watches a spoiler by accident, I mean it should be well explicitly told and possibly avoidable, like starting the videos with a (rather) big warning and you can even do that easy on youtube. With the newer version you can superimpose captions and titles and so you can just use that to pause the videos at the beginning and warn whoever is watching that what follows is a solution to a game level.
So you can alleviate your conscience, you're a good man.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/12/01 23:26 By daniel.

Go to top
Copyright © 2018 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.