Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Surprise (1 viewing) (1) Guest
100-puzzle test
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Surprise
van3 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2  
It is quite beyond just my own efforts.
Thank you.

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA Birthdate: 1975-05-28
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 4  
Sorry I'm late to the party here, but >54K? Wow!!!

I had to drop in and say congrats to van3! I knew we'd raise the bar with the scores public knowledge, but I didn't think it would be raised that high, that quick!!

Most impressive!

Logged Logged  
Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8  
Did you see it???? AMAZING!!

It has really depressed me. Now it's going to be (I guess) almost impossible to beat 55k points and become NÂș1. It's a crazy thing!

Anyway, this is like real life, we are always going to find people better than us... (until we become better than them)

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
van3 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
It's really great work.
Congratulations!

Logged Logged  
bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5  
thank you all!
thanks to daniel! his spreadsheet is helpful very much!
every pq2fans in the forum has tried our best to increase te best score!
who will be the next one?
adri's score amaze me too! you almost completed every puzzle in highest score! and I still have many puzzles at lower socre.
I think the best socre of 100-puzzle test will be increased soon.
by the way, I still can't edit the spreadsheet,how can I update the best score of some puzzles in the spreadsheet?
I wasn't a good student,so my english is very poor! sorry to all.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/04/19 14:58 By bernie.
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 8  
Congratulations Bernie for your great score!! You really did a good job.

And you say that you have some lower punctuations than me!! That's incredible. I guess you didn't waste a second...

Anyway, this competition is getting harder and harder each day (and I like that... ).

We'll see who is going to be the next Master (because, although it's difficult to assimilate, ALWAYS someone is going to pass you...).

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
In my experience,the puzzles 4-10 and 10-6 can make greater progress.I finished puzzle 4-10 with 34 sec 0 moves and get 351.5%.
puzzle 10-6 is 56 sec 8 moves 251.8%.
these two puzzles can improve scores much enough to reach 55k!
but puzzle 4-10 is so difficult that I tried all day long to find the way.
good luck!

Logged Logged  
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 4  
Very nice work, Bernie! Congrats on first place!!!

I checked the spreadsheet and it appears that your scores have been input by someone, but if for some reason you still do not have access and have some scores that you have beat, feel free to either post them or email me and I will make sure the spreadsheet gets updated.

Again, congratulations on beating 55k! If you still have a number of puzzles with lower scores, that makes me wonder what the total would be if we combined all of our best scores on every level...

-Bruce

Logged Logged  
library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male librarydude1 turtle_lake_librarian@hotmail.com Location: Wisconsin, USA Birthdate: 1970-11-29
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7  
Adri,

The very first time that you tried the
100-puzzle test, you figured out a solution
to all 100 puzzles? Seriously?

That's pretty amazing!

When is the Guinness Book of World
Records going to start recording
top PQ2 scores on the 100-puzzle test?

--Adam

Logged Logged  

"'The President did it' is not an excuse. 'The President did it' is not an excuse..."--Matt Groenig/Bart Simpson.
bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Thank you,Bruce!
I got access to modify the spreadsheet with adri's help before.
Any way,thank you for your concern!
By the way ,I think that the higest total score of 100-test would be over 56K,if we combined all the best scores in the spreadsheet!

--Bernie

Logged Logged  
bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Well done,Adri!
The match get more and more interesting!
Now,you are the master of PQ2,and It's my turn to keep up with you !

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/05/16 13:46 By bernie.
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Thank you Bernie!

It was hard, but mainly thanks to your scores I was able to achieve that high score (specially 4-10 ).

Nonetheless, you can re-pass me again. I guess that with the current spreadsheet the toppest score is like 150 points or so above my score.

So cheers for you all. See you soon at the summit .

Adri

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male librarydude1 turtle_lake_librarian@hotmail.com Location: Wisconsin, USA Birthdate: 1970-11-29
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7  
Would you guys please slow down a bit!!

I'd like to be able to break at least
one record of the 100-puzzle spreadsheet
sometime this century.

Feel free to take a PQ2 holiday so that
others can break into the ranks once in
a while...

--Adam

Logged Logged  

"'The President did it' is not an excuse. 'The President did it' is not an excuse..."--Matt Groenig/Bart Simpson.
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Hehe , you don't have to worry.

I won't repeat again the test unless I break another record (currently it's almost impossible) or someone (maybe called Bernie or van3...) ousts me .

I'll follow your recommendations and take a PQ2 break (but just a little one ).

Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for you here, sit on my PQ2 throne .

Cheers

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Ago

I CANNOT believe it. You cannot imagine how my heart beated when I saw the ranking. I don't even know how to react!!

Well, first of all, CONGRATULATIONS to Bernie. Great guy! You did the impossible to achieve that score (I guess). Is that the really best you could do? Or do you think you can even improve it? Uff....

Back to my promise to Adam, I'm sorry I won't keep it: I won't rest!! I won't leave Bernie sleep without thinking about me playing PQ2!! (just joking, you can sleep thinking about anything you want... ).

Oh my god... This is tougher than I thought... But I'll fight to be the best to the death (it's the way I am...).

Congrats again Bernie,

Adri

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
hehe
Thank you,adri!
I think I'm not a genius,and I think perhaps you are not too(don't be angry,just a joke)
I can reach the top, because I can endure the game playing again and again!
Maybe,it's association with my blood type (A).
It's your turn,adri!
And It's your turn,all players!
Nothing is impossible!
Thanks to all!

Bernie

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/05/18 16:39 By bernie.
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4  
WOW!!!

Congrats to both of you again, but almost 58k? Yeah, all I can say is wow. I wonder if 60k is possible now...

So I have to ask - do you guys keep video or notes or anything for the puzzles on the 100-puzzle test, or do you just keep retaking the test solely from memory?

I finally got around to getting remote joy/cam studio working to record PSP video, and I tested/recorded 1-1. I've been meaning to record the other 99, but just haven't had the time or desire to do so, which is why I have yet to attempt the 100-puzzle test again.

Anyway, I was just curious about that... The last time I took the test, I had to do it from memory and some of the levels took me quite awhile to remember how I had achieved that record before.

Adam - I know that you're joking, but as long as they keep using the same username, it doesn't occupy another spot on the top 100. So existing players on the world top 100 battling for top ranking won't make it any harder for other players to reach the top 100...

Congrats again to Bernie, keep raising the bar!

Logged Logged  
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8  
Hi Bruce!!

Yes, from the very beggining I've been writing down notes to explain myself how to solve the puzzles (although maybe just me understand those notes ). I don't rely too much on my memory...

I thought also of recording some puzzles (not all) in a video. Indeed, I did so for some exercises whose solution can hardly be explained with words and drafts.

About busting 60k... I don't think it's possible, but 58k might be.

Bruce, I'm really looking forward to seeing you in top 3 again. I hope it'll be soon.

Cheers,

Adri

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11  
Hey guys!

As you know I'm back in the game. I'd like to ask you something, merely statistical gathering.

Even if you don't specify which one/s, could you, Adri and Bernie, tell us the puzzles that weren't maxed by you. Just to get a clue as to how perfect (as much as we know) your test got.

Keep in mind that just today van3 raised the bar on 4-10!!, so nobody has it perfect as it is..
I still remember this 4-10 when van3 posted the user puzzle with 1 move solution and I so proudly lowered the time... have to check this mad 0 moves solution. Well done all of you!

This public spreadsheet (and thanks to google docs, on that!) has really been the best thing to stimulate our competition. It is now lit almost like a Christmas tree. It saddens me a little bit that I only get one record left, but that's life, eheh.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/09 04:21 By daniel.

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8  
I can't maximize like ten of the puzzles, but most of them I don't care as the difference of percentage is minimum. But for me, the trickiest puzzles are 9-7 and 10-7, which I can't still equal (and recently 4-10...).

I know maybe most of you (if not all) can solve 10-7 with 37 moves, but since the very first trial I made I can't lower 38 moves. And 9-7 is more than tricky, it's frustrating as I try and try and try... and I can't improve the score .

And yes, Dani, I have to congratulate you and Google Docs for the great good the spreadsheet is doing to the game and the competitivity. I couldn't imagine reaching neither 54k without its use. Brilliant idea .

PS: I encourage you to keep trying 4-10 Dani. But be careful and pay attention to every single movement you do, because when you first solve the puzzle with 0 moves, you will hardly remember how you did it (at least that happened to me )

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

Go to top
Copyright © 2018 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.