Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Surprise (1 viewing) (1) Guest
100-puzzle test
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Surprise
library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male librarydude1 turtle_lake_librarian@hotmail.com Location: Wisconsin, USA Birthdate: 1970-11-29
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
Bernie,

I apologize for my tone.

You're right. Life happens and we
all have more important things to
do probably than improve scores on
the user puzzles which comprise the
weekly test.

This recent discovery of a "fraud"
who garnered quite a bit of attention
reminds us of how valuable your and
other high scores are when they are
honestly obtained through hard work.

--Adam

Logged Logged  

"'The President did it' is not an excuse. 'The President did it' is not an excuse..."--Matt Groenig/Bart Simpson.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5  
Adam

You needn't say apology to me.
I think you just make a joke,and I don't mind this.
Feel free.

---Bernie

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/12 06:58 By bernie.
Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8  
Bernie, great record for 5-3 improving my score in one second. That was great.

Nevertheless, when trying to equal your record I took yours . Now I settled it to 23 seconds. Don't be angry with me (just joking).

Adri

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Adri
No, I don't mind this of course! But I have to talk about the new punctuation of 7-2.Is it you who did it?It's so great!!

---Bernie

Logged Logged  
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Bernie, it was not me, it was Improperfection, I just updated the sheet as he couldn't do it.

But I have to recognize also that it's a great punctuation . I've been trying and thinking and I couldn't imagine how he did it.

Adri

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
My problem, my big problem: 9-7; finally solved!!!

Besides, I settled down the new record. I can hardly believe managed to improve Bernie's record even before equaling it!!

And this has its consequences: I completed once again the 100-test (I had completed it before; I was just waiting to improve 9-7 score)... so check the ranking .

Bernie: CALM DOWN!!! Let me enjoy my new kingdom at least for two days

I'm back

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Adri:
Congratulat to you!
Great work on 9-7!
I think your score should naturally be over 58K! But why not? Do you have any puzzles lower than the spreadsheet? Or did you waste time for retring?
Anyway,Congratulat you to be the new master of pq2!
I have problem on puzzle 8-5.There I can only get 215%,10 percentages less than yours. I won't update the 100-test score until I solve the problem.
So enjoy your top place and have a long good time!

---Bernie

Logged Logged  
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Thanks Bernie!

Yes, I understand you don't update the score until you improve 8-5, I did exactly the same: no update until solved 9-7. In fact, think that 10% of difference between your punctuation in that puzzle and mine is a lot if you're trying to become first in the ranking, as when multiplied it will become like almost 50 points of difference.

And yes, I think I didn't beat 58k because I lost a lot of time retrying. I just wanted to do the puzzles as accurate as possible. Next time, I'll improve the time.

And also you can see in the spreadsheet that I haven't reached all the records. My main interest now is 10-7, which from the very begining I can't solve with 37 moves .

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/17 12:11 By Adri.

PQ2-CoMaster

library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male librarydude1 turtle_lake_librarian@hotmail.com Location: Wisconsin, USA Birthdate: 1970-11-29
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
Adri,

Bravo, mon ami!

"Tu" rock!

I don't know how some of you guys find
the time to keep improving your scores
so much.

That is absolutely incredible.

At some point, you and Dani are going to
be able to top all scores including
false scores from cheaters who manage
to manipulate the psp to produce any
score.

--Adam

Logged Logged  

"'The President did it' is not an excuse. 'The President did it' is not an excuse..."--Matt Groenig/Bart Simpson.
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Surprise - and Happy Birthday! 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11  
And you did it, Adri, on your 20th birthday!! Congratulations... and (1 day late) Happy Birthday!

Maybe Bernie will try the same thing for his 30th birthday, just around the corner, on June 29!

I have until December! :-p

If you don't mind my asking... Did you do it all over or do you keep a save game with the complete puzzle and then just improve it and re-submit? (I'm guessing the second option, since it would account for you having two active profiles and all )

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/17 22:03 By daniel.

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Surprise - and Happy Birthday! 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
I will attempt to squeeze into
the top 10 myself by the year
2010 when my 40th comes around
(assuming that I'm still alive,
Lord-willing).

Adri, BTW, how did 10-7 go? Down to
37 moves yet?

--Adam

Logged Logged  

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Thank you very much!! (snif)

Yes, it actually was a very good birthday present.

Dani:
Maybe Bernie will try the same thing for his 30th birthday, just around the corner, on June 29!

No please!! I pray for that not to happen!!

Dani:
Did you do it all over or do you keep a save game with the complete puzzle and then just improve it and re-submit?

To tell you the truth, I started to complete again the 100-test in May, and then left it when 99 of the puzzles solved and just waited until I could improve 9-7 (of course, not only 9-7, but any other new record coming like 7-2 I redid it also).

And although I could save a game and just improve the punctuations and re-submit the score, I prefer doing the whole test each time so that I have to think again of the answers. And in some cases a new one comes to my mind, so I think it's better.

Adam:
Adri, BTW, how did 10-7 go? Down to
37 moves yet?

I'm sorry, I'm ashamed for that . I know most of you (if not ALL) can solve it from the very begining with 37 moves, but until two weeks ago I wasn't able to solve it neither with 38!! I don't know where is my problem there, but I should keep trying.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 8  
Hehe, sincerely: Bernie, you made me smile .

We're lucky we have such a great player among us (58k broken!!).

Congratulations!! And enjoy your place for a long time, you deserve it. I'll take it easy. Maybe I will be back to the top let's say... in three months?

No words left to express my respect towards you.

Congratulations again.

Adri

EDIT: It's a bit fast. Oh no, not in China: happy birthday!! You (like me) had a very good birthday present, didn't you?

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/28 18:48 By Adri.

PQ2-CoMaster

bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5  
Thank you, Adri!
Yes, It's just a birthday present!
In fact, I've not match your score at puzzle 8-5,but I have to update my score before my birthday. Because I'm 30 years old today,It's a important birthday in China! I need a good present to encourage myself.
So I think you can overtake me easily,But I pray for that not to happen just for one day,hehe!
Thank you again!

--Bernie

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Surprise 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 11  
Congratulations Bernie and Happy Birthday!

I seemed to have predicted it, here:

And passing that mythical 58k barrier!

Who knows if the next one to the top will hit this sweet 58787 prime number... I know I have until December to do it.

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
Go to top
Copyright © 2018 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.