Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
New All-Time records keep coming (1 viewing) (1) Guest
100-puzzle test
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: New All-Time records keep coming
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
New All-Time records keep coming 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11  
Hey, just to let all of you know that the spreadsheet is ever updating.

While at it, I had a small doubt.

In puzzle 6-10 van3 had it 54/17 for 114.1%. I always had 15 moves but couldn't match his score... until I did!
I was able to make it 1:01/15 for... exactly 114.1%!
Now my question is/was what to do about it:
1) Just consider it a tie and don't let anybody know about it or
2) Find some way to squeeze that compatible score inside the cell or
3) Replace his result altogether for this one, since we all should agree that improving on time is way easier (and recurrent) than on moves.

What do you guys think about it?

Anyway, I ended up squeazing my fingers and fast-turned my way into a beautiful 1 minute straight solution for 115.0%!

Which brings another subject to the table. Could anyone somehow just tell the world if their new record was thanks to FTurning? I'm sure we'd all like to know if that extra second you took was due to it or not, just to focus our attention on it and not anything else.

I'll keep posting mine.

On another level (7-1) I completely transformed the solution. I had the record at 30/7 then came van3 with 30/6 and I managed to get 24/4 also with fast turning! (without it I would do 25s and I believe 23s can be achieved, but it's a lot of turnings!).
Since it might seem impossible, I even took a picture with my cellphone of the result.

There are some scores on the spreadsheet the completely blow my mind.

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jay-D (User)
\"It\'s just funny to me.\"
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:New All-Time records keep coming 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
I can't seem to get this FTing down. My character gets too jittery. I was even able to float for a second. I don't know how to describe it exactly. I turned so fast I turned 4 angles even though part of the surface was far below me. All 4 turns were completed under 1 second and I ended up back to my original starting point. It happened twice since the first time I though my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Logged Logged  
Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:New All-Time records keep coming 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 8  
I think we could write next to the percentage an "F" (maybe in a different color, not black) for those records made by using FTurn. It'll be helpful, as we can know if we should try a different way of solving the puzzle or if we just need the FT.

Dani, I saw your record on 7-1. That's great, I have to think about it a bit more, but when trying to solve it again I was able to do it with 6 movs and 21 secs (136.9%, and I used FT just once).

Anyway, let's see what other people think about this, but for me it's a good idea.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:New All-Time records keep coming 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 11  
If you liked 7-1 you should now see 6-4
Dragan had a pretty nice time (I have no idea how he did it!) with the 9 moves par; but then came Rafael to make it with 7 moves. I just scratched my head at this and got it also, shaving a second off in the process.
This might be a spoiler (more of a hint), so I'm hiding it:
Warning Spoiler!

No Fast Turning involved on 6-4.

I agree with putting an F there, but maybe following the name, like saying "I did it Fast Turning". Next to the % would be fine, and take less space, but perhaps it can taint that "field" should we ever need to do something automatic with it (like calculating scores and such).
OK, I just edited the sheet for my two recent FT records and think it's nice, check it out.

PS: Oh, and Adri, nice work on 5-3. I was finally able to understand how you guys did it with just 2 moves (never believed it was possible like that!) and really felt that 27 seconds time could be improved, but it's a _lot_ of work.
I think you were the one who changed the spreadsheet to 25/2 and put your name there but just noticed you didn't change the percentage. Did you really get 25 seconds? By the calculator it should be 263.0% is that correct?
I'm taking pictures of my records, just for the record (pun intended).

PS2: And SUPER nice work on 7-5!!! That was sort of my "treasured" puzzle record. I thought my solution was really a piece of work, taking one move and two seconds under the par, but you totally stormed with those moves on par and 8 seconds under! I can't even be bothered to go there and change the way I play it.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/01/03 15:09 By daniel.

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
You were right, Dani, it was 263.0% on 5-3, I was so excited that I forgot to change the percentage.

As for 7-5, I thought it was impossible to improve my past mark, but then someone did it (I think it was you, Dani, with 1 move under the par!!) and just by trying to be one or two seconds faster or take that move off I found the solution which is the current record. Although I achieved it, I had a great help of luck and a bit of inspiration .

And I liked how you wrote "FT", it's trully better to write it next to the name and not after the percentage .

PS: I'll retake 6-4 calmly tonight, and see if I can equal the record, but seems a bit hard.

PS2: 5-3 was a surprise, but I could imagine how to do it. Can you imagine how to do 9-6 with Dragan's record? I loved that one... ... really cool.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
I can't seem to get this FTing down. My character gets too jittery. I was even able to float for a second. I don't know how to describe it exactly. I turned so fast I turned 4 angles even though part of the surface was far below me. All 4 turns were completed under 1 second and I ended up back to my original starting point. It happened twice since the first time I though my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I know what you mean Jay-D and that is what added up to my thinking that Fast Turning may not be indeed a predicted feature, but rather a movement quirk of some kind - it's just so cool.

In regards to you better handling it, from what I'm reading it seems you didn't quite follow my instruction/tutorial. In order to get a better "sense" of it,you should be on a flat surface, a wide one.
Also, as I said, you can't FT efficiently on a ledge (like steps, whatever) - the character just does mad things, like even disappear! (for a brief time) - don't let that fool you.

I hope you can get it, but don't think it applies to everyday walking, it doesn't.

Logged Logged  

daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Adri wrote:

PS2: 5-3 was a surprise, but I could imagine how to do it. Can you imagine how to do 9-6 with Dragan's record? I loved that one... ... really cool.

You mean to tell me you _can_ do it in 5 moves too?

I hadn't gone to that level yet, but seeing it now it seems like the best pq2 laser/lift combo machine ever!!
NO SPOILER: if you have to make 2 warp moves, it comes down to 3 single moves, man!!

I had 9-6 done in 52/13 for 105.8% but just now did it with 7 moves in only 5 minutes time (of thinking/trying), but 5 moves (which are really only 3 grabbing objects)... man, it seems impossible, great solution!
I suppose the 5 move solution has something in common with my 7 one (this is a logical comment but very close to being a spoiler so I'm hiding it):
Warning Spoiler!

UPDATE: Just did it 27/6 for 214.8% - one second less, one move over - close enough for me.

As we are talking about the best (like, most unique) solutions, what I'm curious about is if there's any puzzle that only one person was able to solve it like that. I believe your 7-5 may be a good candidate, but I have a plan so we know that information, by maintaining another spreadsheet. More on that later.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/01/04 15:58 By daniel.

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Yeah, I was referring to those 5 moves in 9-6. After a long time I was able to equal it, and the way I was looking for the solution was the same as you said, Dani: warp takes 2 moves, so which 3 moves will give me the answer? That one was great.

I like the idea of creating a new spreadsheet in order to know if that record is or not unique. I mean, it doesn't really have an aim as having the table we have right now, but it'll be fun. We'll be waiting for it!!

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Coimbra - Portugal Birthdate: 1991-01-16
Re:New All-Time records keep coming 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
Hi People !
I'm baaack
I have more free time for now, and I am repeating the 100 puzzle test, and I have just made a new record !! in 3-4:

11 sec
3 movs
134.8%

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Spreadsheet updated, but you can do it yourself, you have write permissions since, like a week ago.

Keep up!

Logged Logged  

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Nice job, Dani!!

At last we can see the "PQ2 GODS". I liked the presentation and how it links the 100test scores with the "gods" sheet.

This is more excitement to the test!!!

Thanks for the update of the spreadsheet .

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

Go to top
Copyright © 2018 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.