Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
¿? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
100-puzzle test
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: ¿?
firefoxman (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
¿? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/11 20:41 By firefoxman. Reason: PROBLEMS
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:I AM CES+ 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5  
1-1 with 0 move,It's impossible!!
Is it real? or Is it a bug of the game?
It's difficult for me to believe it!

Logged Logged  
Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:I AM CES+ 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8  
Absolutely incredible picture.
I don't think it's a fake Bernie, but clearly it's humanly impossible to solve that puzzle with 0 moves. Must be a bug.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:I AM CES+ 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11  
Hey there, buddy!

Welcome again. Do you want to make a slight introduction of yourself? I, for one, am curious about your chosen handle "CES+" and anything you want to say about yourself we'd be glad to know, since you didn't profile yourself, like where in Mexico are you from, what do you do, age, etc.

We can give you access to the record holders' spreadsheet if you have more records like those or just spew them out.

About that picture, I believe it's authentic but only one question comes to mind, an old one, because I don't see a bug enabling two moves... can you somewhow cheat on PQ2?

Again, glad to have you with us. Please try to make the user puzzles too, if you will, so that you get to inscribe your name in the puzzle records and help improving on the solutions level.

Saludos para Mexico,
Daniel

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/11 00:34 By daniel.

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
If you finish 1-1 moveless in 7 secs, it'll be the third puzzle to be zeroed out, so far, but this one nobody could have seen it coming.
I checked the score calculator for 1-1: 7/2 114.3% done moveless would go for 264.3%, wow!

Wonder if you have many more like those... Be kind of a revolution... The Mexican Revolution!

1910, Zapata!, not Zapatero!

Adri, I hope you don't take any of this rambling as provocative to Spain from which (whom?) they got their independence at the time.

1910 was also a big year for Portugal, with the passage from Monarchy to a Republic. Most people just love the holiday that accompanies it, Oct 5th!

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
daniel wrote:

About that picture, I believe it's authentic but only one question comes to mind, an old one, because I don't see a bug enabling two moves... can you somewhow cheat on PQ2?

Yeah, it's cheating, no doubt about it. Probably with this, check it out - bad news for us all honest players, I guess: cwcheat.consoleworld.org/index.php

I've done this so many times in my hacking times - yet, there wasn't an online/competition world, it was just for kicks. Basically if you find the memory address where something is recorded/stored and have someone/something tamper it, you can simply change/overwrite it at will.

In that way, what he's doing is probably just zeroing the memory address where the moves are stored.
Careful and/or cheat-aware programmers (like myself) usually protect against this, so we should have expected more from the guys from PQ2, but... let's hope that for PQ3

Am I right, firefoxman, or am I right?

That sure explains your weekly test results, stealing my first place ; 0 moves is great for increasing scores, your real difficulty is just finishing the puzzles really... Shame on you. On an online competition, I'd say that's the same as doping.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/11 01:55 By daniel.

Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:I AM CES+ 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8  
Wonder if you have many more like those... Be kind of a revolution... The Mexican Revolution!

1910, Zapata!, not Zapatero!

Thank god it's not Zapatero!!

Adri, I hope you don't take any of this rambling as provocative to Spain from which (whom?) they got their independence at the time.

Hehe, don't worry Dani, I don't feel bad for that. It's just history, you can't change it, just assume it. I'm not very much concerned about history (it's been my worst subject ever!!), but Mexico got independent from Spain at the time Spain was been invaded by the French (1808). And what Mexico wanted to do was to remain appart from the French contol until Fernando VII came back to retake the control of Spain. But eventually they got split from the Spanish Crown.

Anyway, I don't know much about cheats of informatic systems, but are you sure there is a way to change the data? only the movements data?

You may be right, as I said I don't know very much about it.

So, supposedly, one could "zero" the moves at any puzzle and reduce also the amounted time.

Uff, I don't like at all that idea; the ranking would completely lose its meaning. Anyone (without efford) could reach the highest scores and go beyond.

By the way, do any of you guys remember a Taiwanese guy being the first in the ranking with PQ350 or so? (it's a thing of one year ago or more) He reached the top of the ranking bursting any reasonable score. Nonetheless, two days afterwards, he was expelled or rejected from the ranking (that made me realize the PQ2 site people care to mantain "healthy" the page). But entering the ranking with a punctuation like the CES+'s one would be unnoticed by the staff, and consequently it would remain as any other "legally" obtained score.

We could allow few tips to scratch maybe a second, like the FT, but, as Dani said, this new kind would be like "doping". It should be stopped or left.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male librarydude1 turtle_lake_librarian@hotmail.com Location: Wisconsin, USA Birthdate: 1970-11-29
Re:I AM CES+ 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
Dani,

You're absolutely right!

That would be most disappointing and
egregious if someone could actually
manipulate the binary code or whatever
it takes to overwrite memory and create
false high scores.

I'm not much of a hacker. My hacking
skills extend into that obscure and
arcane realm where you can magically
copy and paste data from Microsoft
Word into other applications

As far as the atonement for Foxfire,
we'll have to think of something
creative for him to be able to enter
back in through the outer gates of
respectability by proving him/herself
on some of the user puzzles.

Better start a new thread for hacking
violations since now we're out of the
range of, at least, legitimate 100-puzzle
test scores.

--Adam

Logged Logged  

"'The President did it' is not an excuse. 'The President did it' is not an excuse..."--Matt Groenig/Bart Simpson.
library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male librarydude1 turtle_lake_librarian@hotmail.com Location: Wisconsin, USA Birthdate: 1970-11-29
Re:THE MAGIC OF PHOTOSHOP 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
Firefox,

I see that you're online now. Our time
zones are probably the same or close to
it.

Your thread heading is "Magic of Photoshop"?

Didn't you mean the "Magic of Hacking"?

---Adam

Logged Logged  

"'The President did it' is not an excuse. 'The President did it' is not an excuse..."--Matt Groenig/Bart Simpson.
library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:¿? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7  
Firefox,

Looks like you've removed the
incriminating evidence

What I think that the picture that
you uploaded was demonstrating is
the impossibility of your score
for that particular puzzle.

If you can demonstrate legitimate
solutions to these puzzles, then I'm
sure the moderators would be interested
in updating the spreadsheet with user's
high scores.

Take care,

Adam

Logged Logged  

daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
By the way, do any of you guys remember a Taiwanese guy being the first in the ranking with PQ350 or so? (it's a thing of one year ago or more) He reached the top of the ranking bursting any reasonable score. Nonetheless, two days afterwards, he was expelled or rejected from the ranking (that made me realize the PQ2 site people care to mantain "healthy" the page). But entering the ranking with a punctuation like the CES+'s one would be unnoticed by the staff, and consequently it would remain as any other "legally" obtained score.

I never saw that "Taiwanese" you refer or I would have brought this subject sooner. As I said, while talking to Bruce in our early conversations, we wondered about the possibilities of cheating, but being two smart and honest people we agreed on the same feeling that we didn't even want to test it, in order not to be tempted.

I suppose it's still easy for them at PQ2 HQ to detect an obvious cheat, ie - all puzzles solved at 0 moves if they, in fact, receive that information, and not only the summary of the scores. By that same principle we can expect the results from CES+ both in the 100 and this week to be removed. We'll see about that.

But if you add "clever" to "cheater" (I wish they were contradictory features) someone could manipulate only some or just one of the puzzles for that little edge of competition.

Now, they (at PQ2 HQ) might be tempted to make a rule out of this, but, in fact, there _are_ puzzles which can be done moveless, like two (that we know of, at this time) on the 100 PT and maybe other user puzzles.

I will write a dedicated post on this matter, but my general feeling is of disappointment.

Logged Logged  

bernie (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:¿? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 5  
Another possible condition:
Perhaps,CES+ just modified the screenshot of 1-1 by Microsoft Photoshop.(like "Magic of Photoshop"
The picture which CES+ uploaded to the forum is not enough to demonstrate that he cheat in the test!

---Bernie

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/06/12 06:58 By bernie.
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Re:¿? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11  
Bernie, he has admitted to the fact in private, after having been caught red-handed (no pun to China intended, eheh) in the meantime. It was really a question of common sense... aaaaand it's easier to do that persistent 0 move stunt than you might think, as long as you have a homebrew enabled (CFW - Custom Firmware) PSP.
So what he did was successfully challenge the psp and not the game of pq2 - only partly: not the puzzle solving.

Logged Logged  

firefoxman (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:¿? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
firefoxman wrote:

In Spanish

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jisjisjuasjuasjuasjuas....

Creo que me han descubierto.

Gracias Bernie por creer en mi, tambien a Adri y a Daniel.

Creo que si, ya me descubrieron, hice trampa en el TEST 100, pero creo que ya tengo la solucion del problema.

Nos vemos y espero que el administrador borre todos mis POST.

Y un saludo a library_guy por llamarme Hacker.
Tambien un saludo a Adri, Bernie, Van3 y a Daniel que son de los mejores jugadores en el PQ2.

Saludos.

Logged Logged  
library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Firefox,

Not sure how literally translation would
go here but I'm not sure that you have
understood correctly when you write:

Gracias Bernie por creer en mi, tambien a Adri y a Daniel.

Based on my understanding of the Latin
roots, not at all of Latino idiomatic
constructions thereon, "creer" would refer
to "believe in."

If that's the case and there are no other
supervening idiomatic considerations and
it's a fairly straightforward translation
into English, you have mistaken "belief in"
with the expression of doubt or reservation
that your detractor's have fully established
their case.

Rather than "believing in" you, Bernie wonders
whether enough evidence has been put forward
to establish incontrovertibly that you have
cheated. At least that's the way that I would
take his meaning.

--Adam

Logged Logged  

library_guy (User)
Public librarian
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Firefox,

So, when we reconstruct the information
that has been given apart from suggestions
that are not publicly verifiable (such as
PM), we would make the prima facie case
against the legitimacy of the 100-puzzle
test score based on a picture of a score
which is impossible to obtain apart from
manipulation or cheating.

If Bernie's suggestion is correct and you
were merely touching up a photo of the
first puzzle, then it would stand to reason
that you would have no motivation to later
retract that photo as though it constituted
evidence that you had cheated.

In fact, you would probably just state that
you were playing around with photo-editing
software and had produced some funky results.

--Adam

Logged Logged  

daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Re:¿? 9 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11  
Bernie gave him what is called "the benefit of the doubt" as I would too generally speaking, but I know/knew better than that, in this case.
I did my homework and plus I know a thing or two about hacking, it was just a matter of searching for the availability of the tools I knew would make that possible... And yes, they exist for CFW psp's.

Firefox admits to what I caught him on, in Spanish, we should leave this discussion, there's nothing left to see at this crime scene.

I haven't had the time but I'll post something explicitly about my new found knowledge on the topic of "cheating" on the psp, now that the cat is out of the bag.

Logged Logged  

Go to top
Copyright © 2018 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.