Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Best Scores (1 viewing) (1) Guest
100-puzzle test
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Best Scores
Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Coimbra - Portugal Birthdate: 1991-01-16
Best Scores 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1  
My best scores in the 100 Puzzle tests are:

8-1: 340.9%
5-8: 526.7% EDIT: improved to 546.2%

What yours ?

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/09/24 13:31 By Rafael.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, USA Birthdate: 1975-05-28
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 4  
Same 2 for the top 2 scores, but slightly different numbers:

5-8 546.2%
8-1 311.5% (nice score, I'll have to retry this one)
EDIT: I did get to 340.9 on this one after retrying...

A couple others worth noting:
10-6 215.1%
5-3 163.4% - the timing on this is very tough. After a few tries on my last 100-puzzle attempt, I settled for 122.4%

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/09/11 21:49 By bcjohans. Reason: Updated 8-1
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11  
My top 3:
5-8: 526.7% (had 16s but was able to do it in 15s like Raf, but doing it in 13s like Bruce seems right next to impossible!)
EDITED: did it in 13s alright for 546.2% too... it seems I was using the wrong block, that's why it seemed impossible!!
8-1: 340.9% (was at 2 seconds more at 311.5 like you Bruce, before knowing Raf's score)
10-6: 206.5% (just improved from like 156.7% after seing Bruce's score but mine is with 11 moves, not 9 like him)

Also did good on 9-9 (157.6%) and 8-5 (150.8%), it appears that when there are detectives and/or cops involved we can get much more creative than the creators (or their maybe-computer-generated solutions).

More info but NO SPOILERS:

One of the most tough ones for me to finish besides 10-10 and 10-9 (no surprise there!) was 7-3 (had no idea how to get down there at the time - never had even played a user puzzle!) and 5-6 (really struggled to find a solution).

Puzzles where I did more moves then the target but scored above 100%:
7-2, 9-2, 9-6, 10-7

NEW EDIT:
Puzzles where I did more time than the target but scored above 100%:
5-6

And speaking of best scores/worst scores...

Puzzles below 100%:
8-3: 94.6% (EDITED: achieved 100.0% in the meantime!)
8-4: 83.9%
9-4: 69.4% (found a bug on this one where I move the laser block and one red lift doesn't move like it should - even took a picture)
9-10: 72.3%
10-1: 94.4% (this one really bugs me, after I resubmit my final version I'll ask Bruce about it)
10-5: 97.6%
10-9: 56.9%
10-10: 86.9%

Out of curiosity I had (EDITED: have) none at exactly 100%, the closest one is 5-4 at 100.9%.
How about your worst?

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/11/18 04:03 By daniel.

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
My 3 worst:

9-4: 101.2% (1 move over, 4 sec under, I'm sure this one is beatable)
5-7: 101.6% (1 sec under)
10-1: 101.6% (1 sec under)

The rest of my scores are all > 102%

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Well, to my relief :-p, two of your worst are also on my below-100 list, but 5-7 can definitely be better by 3 seconds more, to 107.1%.

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Also did good on 9-9 (157.6%) and 8-5 (150.8%), it appears that when there are detectives and/or cops involved we can get much more creative than the creators (or their maybe-computer-generated solutions)
Replying to myself instead of editing for clarity.

Just re-did 9-9 while fooling around showing detectives and cops to another person and did it first-try at 213.9%!! I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do it again but at least it's here, it's possible in the absolut minimum of two moves.
EDIT: Re-did it with 243.0% - at 4.97 Difficulty Bonus for level 9, it's a more than 400 points increase for me!

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/09/22 12:05 By daniel.

bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
That's amazing! I only had ~140 or so on 9-9 when I took the test, so that would be almost 500 additional points for me. That almost tempts me to take the 100 again and see if I could at least break 50k and possibly even beat Skeleton... if it wasn't such a chore, I might do it.

Maybe sometime, but not now!

Logged Logged  
Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1  
8-3: 94.6% (EDITED: achieved 100.0% in the meantime!) made 91.7
8-4: 83.9% made 69.9 (the worst I have, but I made it just to gain points to submit the test, because I will repeat it because of the time left)
9-4: 69.4% (found a bug on this one where I move the laser block and one red lift doesn't move like it should - even took a picture) made 107.4
9-10: 72.3% made 128.4 (-3 movs, -34 sec)
10-1: 94.4% (this one really bugs me, after I resubmit my final version I'll ask Bruce about it) made 90.0
10-5: 97.6% 102.5
10-9: 56.9% 104.9
10-10: 86.9% 79.8 (another one that I just made to gain points)

Logged Logged  
Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8  
My best score (since I saw yours first) are the followings:

5-8: 546.2%
8-1: 340.9%
9-9: 220.7%
10-6: 196.4%

My worst score is 98.9% in 10-5, and I can't improve it!!!! It's impossible for me!!!
The rest of my scores are above 102%

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11  
My worst score is 98.9% in 10-5, and I can't improve it!!!! It's impossible for me!!!

I'm there with you too, but Bruce and Rafael passed that over 102.
What it bugs me the most is that that puzzle (NO SPOILER, just comment) has obviously very limited move capabilities/combinations. We must be missing out on some detail, I guess, although you've even got a slighty better score (I'm at 97.6%) than me, but when it comes to time optimization it puzzles me less then when the number of moves can be lowered, like this case.

Logged Logged  

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
It drives me mad.
If I'm able to solve it I'll tell (but not how to), but until then I think I'll have to try looots of times...
You could tell us also if you do any progress in 10-5.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Yes, I'll update like I did with 9-9 on a new reply instead of editing, but I'm the kind of person not to obsess, because if it isn't any fun for me I just pass along, so I may not get into the frame of mind to redo it. I'm just going to redo the whole 100 and then see how it goes.

It's funny, Adri, talking about the 100 puzzle test that you're the top scorer on it and yet you didn't improve on any of our most "high-profiled" puzzles and even scored lower than the tops some of us have posted. You must be an excellent overall/middle player, though.
Can't wait to see you on the user puzzles in better positions.

Logged Logged  

Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Yeah, I got a bit puzzled when I saw the lowest scores of Bruce, as mines are between 3% and 10% higher in those exercises, but yes, I think my overall is quiet good, though I have some problems with 10-5 and other exercises like 10-7 in which I can't fix the movs to the appropiate, I just have better time.

Of course I'll try the weekly tests and other users puzzles, but I don't have too much faith on myself, you all are so clever, but I'll try my best in order to get just close to you.

And yeah, Daniel, try the 100 test again. I would like to see your improvement after completing once again the 100 test. And I'm really looking forward to seeing Bruce retaking it also. I deeply believe you will pass me, Bruce (and, who knows, burst the 51k limit ).

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1  
Daniel and Adri, I know what you are missing in the 10-5 to don't have that score. I was committing the same mistake, but when I made it in the 100puzzle test I saw the way to do it faster.
The way is not reducing the moves, but the time.
I have 102.5 with 23m/2:01, and I think that it's possible to do better, not sure.

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/09/24 15:02 By Rafael.
Adri (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Yeah, but at least you have 23movs. I do it 1sec faster than you but I need 25 movs, and I don't have any idea of how to reduce them. I guess how Daniel do it, as I had the same punctuation as he (the key is the order of the movs ), but no idea (yet) of how to do it properly.

In any case, I'll keep trying, and will tell you if manage to improve my movs.

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Same here. I didn't remember the moves number exactly but I know it was 2 moves above par. and I thought I had the time below par, but now I'm at a doubt due to what Adri has said. But we don't have the same score. He's at 98.9% and I'm at 97.6%.
Ok, I just gave good use to the online calculator and so I'm at 2 seconds more than you guys - you're 6 seconds behind par.

It shall remain a mystery until I solve it, please, no spoilers!
What happens with me, I know, is that I might "lock" into a way of solving and I can't shake that and don't have patience to reset my brain or whatever - if I don't have fun I just leave it as it is, no stress.
Raf has told me on msn that he has always solved it with 23 moves. Good for him!

Logged Logged  

bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4  
daniel wrote:
What happens with me, I know, is that I might "lock" into a way of solving and I can't shake that and don't have patience to reset my brain or whatever - if I don't have fun I just leave it as it is, no stress.

That definitely happens to me as well, and probably to most of us. My score on 10-5 is just a second ahead of Raf's at 2:00/23 for 102.9%.

I remember when I last took the 100 that I had to practice that one a lot of times before I remembered how to do it in 23m... But again, it is possible, so hang in there, and try to think outside of the box and not get stuck pursuing the same solution!

Logged Logged  
eBaz (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0  
You guys have opened my eyes to what kind of scores can be achieved in these tests, i always thought getting 110% on a test was fantastic, after seeing scores of over 500% for level 5-8 i had to go back and have a second look. Now i have up to about 510%, incredible!

I see that 8-1 is also a popular one but for the life of me i can't get above 100%, i do love the challenge though.

Thank you.

Logged Logged  
bcjohans (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 10 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4  
Welcome, eBaz!

As for 8-1, I found that solution by accident. I still have no idea what the intended solution is for that level, and haven't tried looking since I found the better solution.

In general though, getting scores at or above 110% on the 100-puzzle test is fantastic. On most of the earlier levels, the best that you can usually do is get moves on par, and 2-4 seconds under time. Once you get to the later more complex levels though, there are usually opportunities to shave off moves and time.

Anyway, good luck with finding the higher solutions!

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Same here for 8-1. I even postponed it for some time because I didn't know what the hell was going on in there. It's funny we have so much of these things in common!
Then Raf "showed" us we could do it a second or so faster and sure enough me and Bruce discovered how it was, too. You know I'd love to know the 100% solution since this one bugged me for a while, that I solved it out of shear persistence or desperation, more.

Logged Logged  

Go to top
Copyright © 2018 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.