Home PQ2 Forum
PQ2
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Best Scores (1 viewing) (1) Guest
100-puzzle test
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Best Scores
Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:Best Scores 10 Years ago Karma: 8  
That exercise (8-1) puzzled me for a long time, trying to guess how could it be solved. And finally I discoved the "good" solution, I mean the 100% points solution.

And as Daniel, Bruce and others, I also improved it when I saw Rafael had like 340%.
In any case, that is the good solution, I mean nobody want to do the puzzles as they are supposed to do; everybody want more and more percentage, so the most convenient solution is the tricky one.

But yeah, as I know that you guys won't use the normal solution you can send me a message and I'll tell you the 100% movs (of course PM), just to know how to do it.
And it happened to me the same with 6-8. From the first time I tried it I had 152%, and I don't actually know how to solve it properly.

PS: Daniel, I kept on with 10-5 yesterday but CANNOT improve it

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/10/01 10:14 By Adri.

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
eBaz (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 10 Years ago Karma: 0  
Probably another 5 hours of trying over the past few days and I'm no better on 8-1. I can get it a few seconds faster on the recommended moves (about 103%), this one has me stumped trying to get the moves down, but i've said this before about many other puzzles, i shall press on!

I have had my PSP since January this year and i got 3 games for it, PQ2, Liberty City Stories & Midnight Club.... I haven't even played the other 2 yet! LOL.

I have just managed to get myself in the top 10 and now have just discovered the weekly tests, this game is endless, defiantly the best £15 i have ever spent on a game.

Back on the topic of scores..

My Best 3:

4-6 = 144.4%
5-8 = 511.8%
9-6 = 210.7%

My Worst 3:

6-8 = 78.1%
10-5 = 95.6%
10-10 = 92.7%

6-8 is driving me nuts!
10-5 is boring, but i keep at it.
10-10 is a great puzzle (got the move bang on just need to get the time down).

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Best Scores 10 Years ago Karma: 11  
Great job on 4-6 ! I had it only a second less, but now I was able to match your 144.4%, man... and 9-6 seems brilliant!! mine is at 108.2 with one extra move (but 12s less).

Oh man, sorry to hear about that 6-8, I'm at 111.8% on that and think I did a pretty good path optimization.
10-5 seems to be a pain for three of us, now: you me and... (not Dupree!) Adri
* hollywood movie reference for the most distracted ones out there).

Hang in there!

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
RDNS_DC (User)
Wakey wakey hands off PSP !!!
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
Hello.

For completion I whant to list my best and worst results.
All of you have improved your results time after time. And i think the results from each other push enyone to reach it too or get higher. I like it and since then i know there is a way to squeeze more points.
But I think the most top 3 or 5 are for all nearly the same. So i give each 10. Lets go:

TOP 10
1. 546,2% 5-8
2. 340,9% 8-1
3. 256,5% 5-3
4. 230,7% 9-6
5. 221,6% 9-9
6. 215,1% 10-6
7. 154,4% 8-5
8. 152,6% 6-8
9. 144,4% 4-6
10. 128,4% 9-10

BOTTOM 10
1. 100% 1-7
2. 101,6% 7-3
3. 101,8% 5-4
4. 102% 3-9
5. 102% 7-5
6. 102,1% 7-10
7. 102,1% 8-3
8. 102,3% 10-2
9. 102,5% 5-10
10. 102,5% 10-5

Logged Logged  

GT5:*WHO BRAKES LATER, DRIVES LONGER FAST*

With kind regards
Dragan Ciric
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Gender: Male danielfonseca daniel.fonseca@gmail.com msn@danielfonseca.com Location: Porto - Portugal Birthdate: 1975-12-14
Re:Best Scores 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11  
Great work, Dragan!
All the puzzles at or above 100%!! To the best of my knowledge only Bruce had done that amazing chore.
I'm guessing that van3 might also have it, but we have yet to hear from him.
You know, as one of the people behind the idea of this site, it is with great pride that I conclude that it played an undeniable role in the overall improvement of the results for us all.
With all this, I came up with the idea of publishing a worksheet as a google document (accessible to many) with all the scores, so we can have, like in user puzzles, a listing with the best score possible and its owner. In case of a tie, we should list all users who reached it.

Logged Logged  

"Many highly intelligent people are poor thinkers. Many people of average intelligence are skilled thinkers. The power of a car is separate from the way the car is driven." - Edward De Bono
RDNS_DC (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Hello.

Many thanks, but I would not ever get this without the motivation in this forum. You all are the vanguards in this game. All of you reached first the highest scores and show other people (like me) that it is possible to get more.

I hobe van3 will put his best shots in here. He must be realy good.

Logged Logged  

With kind regards
Dragan Ciric
van3 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Hi,there.

To tell the truth, my top 10 is almost the same yours,RDNS_DC.

10-6 _ 216.7%
8-5 __ 170.4%
9-9 __ 279.3%
4-10 _ 212.5%
5-3 __ 158.5%

And you can do little improvement in many puzzles.

2-3 __ 150.0%
8-8 __ 126.7%
6-3 __ 136.8%
4-3 __ 128.6%
3-4 __ 124.4%
10-4 _ 118.6%
9-5 __ 118.0%

Good luck!

Logged Logged  
daniel (Moderator)
Just having fun
graphgraph
Re:Best Scores 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11  
Hi van3, you are a great addition to our list of users, welcome!

I've already added your scores from this post to the spreadsheet.
Turns out you set a new record on 4 puzzles: 2-3, 4-3, 6-3 (seem to have a knack for the 3rd puzzle of every 2 levels) and 8-5. The rest you either equalled or came below, so room for improvement for you too.

Logged Logged  

RDNS_DC (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Hello to all.

Theese are good motivation. Now I know what I can do on christmas.

van3, you are right, I and all other have to improve some puzzles. Like I written before, no problem with this motiwation. But I think the new list is also a motivation for you. .

Logged Logged  

With kind regards
Dragan Ciric
Adri (User)
If you like something, you like it
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male adriyakuza@gmail.com adri_yakuza@hotmail.com Location: Madrid, Spain Birthdate: 1989-06-16
Re:Best Scores 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 8  
First of all, van3 yokoso to the forum and congratulations for your first position.

Well, I think that with the new spreadsheet we will all have something to do in Christmas, won't you?

There may be a revolution on the top positions of the ranking at the beginning of 2009 (to start the new year with the right foot). Maybe more than 5 people over 50k? Hehe, I'm looking forwards to seeing it and to participate on it .

Logged Logged  

PQ2-CoMaster

- Would make sense if a rich says "I'd like to be rich"? - Clearly no - And what about "I'd like to be rich forever"? - Yes, that would make sense - Indeed, my friend, we don't just want the good things, but we want them forever

Foreigner said to Socrates
Rafael (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Male Location: Coimbra - Portugal Birthdate: 1991-01-16
Re:Best Scores 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1  
Hi People !!

I have been away of pq2 in the last 3 months, because I'm in the first year of the university, that it 'the worst', the one which we should spend more hours.

I'll be in exams now, but after that, I think I will have one month free, and I should have some time to finish my 2º test (which I have already made about 45%, and I have really improved some of the tests), and I hope to give you all (and to me too ) a surprise ! (ironic)

van3, welcome to this forum, and congrats for your first position

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/12/13 13:41 By Rafael.
Go to top
Copyright © 2018 pq2fans.com. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.